Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Dec Day - Bone marrow and blood donor day

THE NEVER EVER ENDING LINE ...WHICH WAS FULL EVERY CHANCE I WENT TO LOOK!
TANYA AND AMPIE RAS, DOING THEIR BIT!

LIESL'S TURN
CLAIRE DONATING BLOOD
DARRYL AND GILLIAN....BECAUSE OF THE LOVE FOR YOUR LITTLE BOY, YOU HAVE SAVED SO MANY PEOPLES LIVES, ITS AN HONOR TO KNOW YOU
DANIELLE AND CLAIRE
ELRIZA HAVING A LOOK AT THE BOOK CLAIRE CREATED FOR DARRYL AND GILLIAN
LIESL MAKING A PRINCESS, SHE DID A FAB JOB ENTERTAINING THE KIDS
ALL THE GOODIES ON SALE...
DEC TINS - THE FLEW OUT LIKE HOTCAKES!
HOW BEAUTIFUL DID EVERYTHING LOOK - WITH DEC WATCHING THE DAY, WE ARE SURE SMILING FROM ABOVE, SO PROUD OF EVERYONE...
LIESL, PET, CAELLUM AND ALICIA
KIMS LITTLE ONE AEDEN, AND CLAIRE


Hello Everyone - i know its been to long - and i have lots to update on, so ill start from where we left off, Dec Day, which was a huge success!
The people continued to stream in from 8 in the morning and where still streaming in when i left at 2!!! I was so proud to be a part of this team, helping in my own little ways, and so touched to be friends with Darryl and Gillian, and joining them in their plight to raise childhood cancer awareness and to save other lives! It was lovely to see the regular faces and wonderful to meet the new! It was wonderful to meet Darryls sister Lynn and his parents, such a lovely , caring family!
Can you believe i still got more goodies in for Scrub a Dub Dub! Thanks so so so much to Linda Maree for your lovely contribution, it was wonderful to meet you to! Thank you so much to Kim for bringing the amazing amount of goodies from Carla and friends - wow wow, we have any more towels and products! Thanks so much to Letitia and friends for the lovely surprise of more products - wow, i cant continue to say thank you enough and it was wonderful to meet you to! With the amount of extra things i collected on the day, my entire boot and back seat were full! So that means we are able to make even more hampers! Thank you so much everyone!



I would love to share what Gillians thoughts on the day where, enjoy the pictures!
God bless and well done to everyone for the effort you made - you will never know that the few mintues you gave up on Sunday, means you could have saved someones life - wow...
God Bless , lots of love
Mark Samm Deqlan Logan
BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD

Hi Everyone
Wow!!!! Yesterday was amazing. I will load pictures tomorrow. Our first “customer” arrived at 10 and from about 10.30 we had a constant queue of at least 10 people. It was extremely busy. In the end, over 60 new Stem Cell Bone Marrow Donors signed up and over 60 pints of blood donated. I had no idea how many people to expect and was very nervous that there was going to be a small turn-out, but I was so wrong. I was blown away by your support but I guess I should know better. Dec United Family never lets me down.
I was hoping to chat to everybody and thank everybody personally, but it wasn’t possible, so if I didn’t speak to you, please forgive me.
We had a jumping castle and popcorn machine, tea, coffee and boerewors rolls and we sold a whole bunch of tins and some t shirts. Thank you so much for your support. And thank you for signing up. You could save someone’s life. That sentence is often bandied around and is some ways has lost effect. But I know now from our experience with Declan, how very important it is and what the implications for people are.
I gave my blood even though I shook like a leaf in terror and it was really not that bad at all. The blood people are so experienced, they find a vein easily and it is really not sore. I apparently have “nice veins”. I thought of all the times my little boy was pricked and he seldom cried and so I tried to be brave. I think there were lots of people there thinking the same thing, gritting their teeth and just doing it.
There are so many people to thank. Yesterday would not have been possible without the core team who put it all together – Claire Ferreira, Kim Blanchard, Ela Bruce, Samm Higgins, Alicia Evans and then all the hubbies and partners. Thank you also to Karen for the Jumping Castle and Popcorn machine, Janet for the wood and then all the corporate sponsors I will write to and list on the site tomorrow with the pictures. Thank you also to Lyn, Pet, Edson, Round Table Florida, Linda-Maree, Fern and Andrew, Liesl who face painted princesses. Oh dear – I fear my old brain is forgetting some people.
Thank you again and lots of love
Gillian

No comments:

Photobucket