Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, February 9, 2009

Angel Declan Du Toit

From Declans Website:

Monday, February 09, 2009Hello all my special friends
Last night at 11.10 pm I left to go and be with my Daddy in the sky. A beautiful angel called Michael, with massive wings and a brilliant white glow all about him came to fetch me and held my hand as we flew through the sky. He has been with me for some time now but last night he said it’s time to go home.
Mommy and Daddy held me in their arms as I left and the rest of the family were standing in the room with me. What a welcome I got when I arrived. Open arms and hugs and tears of joy cos I have no more pain. The monster stayed behind on earth and I can see beautifully from 2 open eyes. I can even run around and there are just so many toys here. Today I plan to go for my first swim in the sea with fishies and star fishies and the angels told me I will even be able to breathe under water.
Thank you so much for all your love and support and for walking my road with me. My family and I could never have done it alone and we just don’t have words to explain how much your love, encouragement, faith and strength have meant to us.
Mommy promised me a party when I got better so I am holding her to it. Mommy will put the details on my site and it will probably be towards the end of this week and you are all welcome to come.
Mommy and Daddy promised me to continue the work I started for other kids fighting monsters so please don’t stop coming to my site. There is still lots to do. Instead of flowers and such things, I am asking you to sign up for our Bone Marrow drive and Mommy will put more details on the site later.
This is Declan signing out. I love you all lots and I know it’s hard for the people who stay behind to understand, but be strong, cos I am in a place now where I understand everything, I understand how loved I was on earth and I understand and am experiencing true peace for the first time in my little life.
Love Declan 7 months, 3 weeks and 4 days

1 comment:

Loren Stow said...

I am just so very touched by this beautiful letter.
I know that Declan is now in a beautiful place and just because we can't see him doesn't mean that he's not there.
Thank you Samm for keeping us all up to date on Declans story.
My heart breaks for his mom and dad.
All our Love,
Loren, Darryl & Malakai

Photobucket